LVSS boys basketball dominates over Arlington, headed to District Finals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Olivia Dunklau, Staff Writer

As the winter sports season winds down, districts and state pop up for both girls and boys basketball teams around Nebraska. The Logan View Scribner Snyder Boys basketball team lost in the Sub-District Finals last year. Now with all five returning starters, the team believes they will win District Finals and make it to state.
“I think there is a real determination in the team,” junior varsity player Austin
Peters said.
The team’s goal for the 2017-18 basketball season is to win District Finals and make it to state. The LVSS boys so far have an overall record of 20 wins and 4 losses. The team is above the National Average in points, field goals, steals, and assists per game.
“I believe the boys will win District Finals this year,” assistant coach Brummond said.
 The Logan View Scribner Snyder students always put together a great student section during games. Each new game, a theme is set.
“My favorite theme is Jersey Night,” junior Ashley Peters said.
Once the student section is riled up, so is the crowd. During games, the crowd and student section both partake in cheers during every time out or in between each quarter.
 “Our goal in the student section is to fluster the other team and get the crowd to cheer,” senior Kaylee Boyle said.
On February 22, the team had dominated over Arlington with a final score of 56 to 25. The crowd was loud with cheers and the student section was absolutely crazy and filled with spirit.
 The new Sub-District Champions will compete against Wahoo on Monday the 26 at Fremont High.