• October 29One Act Triangular on Nov 1 at 4:30 p.m.

Trojan Times

Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Ronnie Fritcher, Staff Writer

What is proper prom etiquette? What do you wear? How do you act? Prom is single handedly one of the more important events that you will attend as a high school student. Some students may even say that prom is more important than actual graduation, but let’s be real, nothing is more important than graduating.

If you plan on going to prom, you are going to need a number of things. First, you will need a date or friend who wants to go with you. You will need your outfit and shoes. Your ride to prom and home will need to be figured out as well.

When looking for a date to prom it is a good idea to choose someone who is going to be sticking around long enough to actually go to the dance with you. Prom can get expensive and if you buy everything and then your date decides they do not want to go anymore or something comes up and they can no longer attend the dance with you, then you have just spent all that money for nothing.

Now, what do you wear to prom? For guys it is pretty easy, all you have to do is get a tuxedo that fits and looks good. The only thing that you will have to think about with a tux is whether you want a black or white tux, or even a navy blue one. The only other thing a male needs to worry about is the color, and possible pattern, of their tie. A good thing to know is what your date is going to wear in order for you to color coordinate with her.

Girls, it is a little bit harder to decide what you are going to wear. Your dress is only one of the important components about prom, probably the most important one. The dress needs to be along the lines of an elegant dress rather than a casual dress. Finding the right dress is hard enough, so finding a dress that fits is even harder. Many females are very picky and particular about how a dress fits them.

At prom you should act mature and sophisticated. Prom is meant to be one of the most important dances throughout your entire high school career. There should not be any goofing off or horseplaying during the dance and you should be very respectful to your peers at the dance.
This dance means very much to a lot of the people who attend, and if you intend on being immature during the dance, it may be a decent idea to just stay home that night.

Prom will be a night for you to remember for the rest of your life. It is a night where something magical could potentially happen. While you are dressed up and gazing at your date, dancing ever so perfectly, you might feel as though you don’t want that night to end. Prom will be a night that you don’t ever want to forget.

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Around School

Teacher Spotlight – Mrs. Wisnieski

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Austin Peters sees a completely different world

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Around School

We’ve got spirit yes we do

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Worth the weight

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Onesies, Tractors, and Ice Cream Sundaes — just the annual FFA week

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Georgie is Gonegie

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Tide Pod Challenge?

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Out with the old, in with the round

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

Living with Epilepsy

• Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom

Features

SS students band together for a successful Veterans Day program

The Student News Site of Scribner-Snyder High School
Bonsoir, Bienvenue to Prom