My Hero Academia

Image from Nerdist

Caleb Noel, Staff Writer

My Hero Academia as it’s called in America also called Boku no Hero Academia in Japan started off as a superhero manga series written and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi.

Its first season aired in Japan from April 3 to June 26, 2016, followed by a second season from April 1 to September 30, 2017. A third season has begun airing April 7, 2018.

A world where having superpowers (Known as “Quirks”) is the norm, the main protagonist, Izuku Midoriya has dreams of becoming a hero, despite being one of the few people to not have a quirk.

All Might, the world’s greatest Hero, bestows upon him his own Quirk “One For All”. The story follows Izuku’s entrance into U.A. High School. , a school that cultivates the next generation of superheroes.

It is Midoriya’s responsibility to train “One For All” and make it his own so that he may be the world’s new beacon of hope.

I look forward to watching the new episodes every Saturday because, the mixture of incredible storytelling, character development, and just down right visually amazing fight scenes.

I have always loved stories where the underdog ends up showing everyone wrong. If you like anime I would definitely tell you to watch this show or at least give it a chance.