“Marvel’s Spider-Man”: a spectacular hit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo taken from Insomniac Games.

Photo taken from Insomniac Games.

Photo taken from Insomniac Games.

Laythen Streit, Staff Writer

Spider-Man, one of the most famous superheroes from the Marvel universe, was recently introduced to the gaming world. “Marvel’s Spider-Man” was released for the PlayStation 4 on September 7th, 2018. Many people were excited about it, but why?

For starters, several of the classic villains from the comics have returned to the game. For example, Dr. Octopus, Scorpion, Rhino, Mr. Negative, Vulture and Kingpin all play a part in the game. Together, these memorable villains are known as the “Sinister 6”. This is a group of very dangerous individuals that have devoted their time to defeating Spider-Man. The developers of the game even placed a few Easter eggs in the game itself! For you people who don’t know what an Easter egg is, its a hidden item or secret hidden in the game world, so get to searching!

The main story takes place in New York City, where Peter Parker lives his life as an ordinary college student who has simple goals of getting a good job, taking care of his Aunt May and spending time with his girlfriend Mary Jane. But, as in nearly every superhero film, that is never the case. Peter, as Spider-Man,  fights crime whenever anything major is happening. Whether that be bank robberies, criminal rampages or alien invasions from Loki.

If you play this game for yourself, you will realize that not only will you hunt down traces of the criminals through several consecutive missions, but will also learn about Peter’s relations to several key characters and villains as you the game.

“Marvel’s Spider Man” is a great game! It has very good graphics, smooth movement, and great story progression. Odds are, you will become hooked within the first 15 minutes of playing.

I encourage you to get a copy of this game for yourself and give it a try. It is a fantastic game and deserves all of the praise it gets and more. In other words, get out there and web up some villains as your friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man!