• October 29One Act Triangular on Nov 1 at 4:30 p.m.

Trojan Times

Watch your back, here comes Mack

Photo by Stacy Revere.

Photo by Stacy Revere.

Elissa Dames, Editor

The NFL season is only three weeks old, and already the defense of the Chicago Bears is making a statement.  Just one week before the NFL season opener, the Bears traded for linebacker Khahlil Mack from the Oakland Raiders. This trade has benefited the Chicago Bears greatly and has already shown improvements to the team’s defense.

Mack entered the game against the Green Bay Packers and made his presence with the Bears felt right away.  The new linebackers also finished his first game with two full tackles, one tackle assist, one sack, one interception for a touchdown and one forced fumble and recovery. He motivated the rest of Chicago’s defense as well.

The Bears finished that first game with a loss but it was evident that the defense was going to make this year exciting.

The defense has continued to show its dominance in the following two games.  The Bears currently have the 5th ranked total defense in the league, as opposed to last years’ rank of 10th.  They have held teams to 18.3 points per game, which is a league rank of 9th.  The Bears are 5th in the league in yards allowed at 289 yards per game, 11th in passing yards allowed at 223.7 yards per game and 2nd in rushing yards allowed at 65.3 yards per game.

Mack’s energy has definitely been felt in the Bears’ defense this year and has rubbed off on fellow players.  Two players who have stood out so far, in addition to Mack, have been linebacker Danny Trevathan and cornerback Prince Amukamara.  Trevathan has added two sacks and a forced fumble so far this year, while Amukamara has had an interception.

The city of Chicago has welcomed Mack to the team and are excited to watch him cause mayhem to the offenses of opposing teams.  Chicago has had a long history of fast, exciting defenses and this defense looks to be another rising star in Chicago.

Mack played for the Oakland Raiders last year.  So far this year, Mack alone has better statistics than the entire Oakland defense.  The Oakland defense has a total of three sacks, one forced fumble and one interception.  Mack’s statistics are four sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception.

Mack is definitely the real deal, and if he stays healthy and continues to play at this level, the Bears defense is only going to be more dominant as the season continues.

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Best fight in history: McGregor vs Khabib

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Controversy surrounds the US Open

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Serena vs the double standard

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

LVSS Lady Raiders win triangular despite a rough start

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Volleyball team places first

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

SS track team brings home 19 medals

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

SS Youth Wrestlers place at State USA Tournament

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

2nd Annual SS Youth Club Dual Tournament Gallery

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Youth Wrestling at Logan View

• Watch your back, here comes Mack

Sports

Sports News | LVSS District BB Overview

The Student News Site of Scribner-Snyder High School
Watch your back, here comes Mack