• October 29One Act Triangular on Nov 1 at 4:30 p.m.

Trojan Times

A director is born

Warner Bros

Warner Bros

Elissa Dames, Editor

On October 5th, Bradley Cooper stunned the audience with his debut as a director in the 2018 remake of A Star is Born. The film scored a 90% on the film and television website, Rotten Tomatoes. This movie has been done many times and the fact that Cooper was able to make it somewhat original was impressive.

A Star is Born was something of a passion project for Cooper. Along with taking the role of director, he played the lead role, helped write the script and even assisted in writing a few songs. Movie watchers were amazed at the amount of talent Cooper possessed. Who knew he could sing? Cooper also knew how to use different camera angles that get the best shots of him and Lady Gaga, the lead female actress.

Cooper has been in the movie business for a long time, making it no surprise that he decided to take a seat in the director’s chair. Cooper currently has sixty-four acting credits, fourteen producing credits, two writing credits, three soundtrack credits and three directing credits.

Cooper has proven himself to be very successful as a director. He knew exactly how to capture the audience’s attention for a long period of time and how to tell a good story. Some directors struggle with taking what is in their head and transferring it over to a movie format., however, Cooper did not show any signs of this problem. The movie was easy to follow without the plotline being too obvious.

With the success of A Star is Born, the film could be a compelling contender at the Oscars. It proves to be an across the board candidate. Cooper will most likely be nominated for at least three categories for A Star is Born. As the producer, he will be competing for Best Picture and he also has a chance for Best Director and Best Actor nominations.

Cooper has an even brighter future in the movie business. A Star is Born is just the beginning and fans are eager to see where Cooper goes next.

• A director is born

Entertainment

Venom review: before and after

• A director is born

Entertainment

Netflix review: say hello to the Iron Fist

• A director is born

Entertainment

Ex-Marvel director joins DC

• A director is born

Entertainment

My Hero Academia

• A director is born

Entertainment

“Marvel’s Spider-Man”: a spectacular hit

• A director is born

Entertainment

Eminem vs. MGK

• A director is born

Entertainment

“Something Beautiful” at Red Rocks

• A director is born

Entertainment

Another phenomenal call of duty

• A director is born

Entertainment

Marvel director fired for decade old tweets: the debate rages on

• A director is born

Entertainment

A movie of infinite scale

The Student News Site of Scribner-Snyder High School
A director is born